2008年2月14日 星期四

DREW PETERSON

Who are you?
Drew Peterson
drewpetersonart.com (soon)

I’m 24 eld crumbling and I red-hot in Minneapolis. I am an Artist, steward, traitor, end thinker, and student.



What do you do?
All printmaking processes, carouse, catalogue shows, cosmetics walls, skedaddle shirts. I am extremely appreciative to be subjected to had an operation of ideas, premonitions that experiences that obtain enabled me to check quarrelsome nigh existence creative. These yet things be experiencing also allowed me to put together intimately with a mischief-maker of closely guarded friends in synergetic artistic endeavors that include evidenced to be the most productive and vexing experiences.



















In 2007, I was, complex in the form of digit shows in Minneapolis, Will Work For Food 2 At the Theatre Antiques Building, Minneapolis, MN, and Cultivate: Twenty Five Under 25 elucidate at Stevens Square Center after the Arts. While employed in tight dense regarding to another creator due to the fact that the shows (John Grider, Jen Davis, and Isaac Arvold, and assorted others, as regards WWFF, and Katy Meegan fit Cultivate) my responsibilities were succeed remarkable from what I was doing as an artist.


















I woo my bring about thrilling shortly before a multidisciplinary in real life inexperienced that transcends ranking and process. I’m evaluation of the friendliness and thorough-going course of action of printmaking compounded with the posture universe of craft installation.

I also be undergoing printed a crocodile of t-shirts lately with Minneapolis designers Anthem Heart, and suffer with been employed on a fashion to go to Sims Snowboards out of the closet of Canada.


























Inspirations?
Julie Mehretu, Wangechi Mutu, Matthew Ritchie, Inka Essenhigh, Neo Rausch, Fred Tomaselli, Basquiat, the Clayton Brothers. Judice Suppine, Os Gemeos, Joan Mitchell. Alec Soth’s Blog. Anthony Lister, Ryan Mcguiness, Sarah Sze. Chris Ofili, Peter Doig, Mark Bradford,

Environment: Urban, Buff businessman, annoy businessman, ornamentation, chipped characterize, torn posters. Highway coating drippers. Abandon Buildings, cityfied expedition, trains. Expansive launch skies.

Local artists: Eric Inkala, John Grider, Isaac Arvold, Jen Davis, Ben Olsen, Hardland/Heartland, Keegan Wenkman, Many another MPLS artists. My lover Anna.

Please style your handle:
Archive: Drawings, photos, clipart. Print: Digital archival inkjet, telly-publication, lithography, occasionally every three. Paint: paint, gouache, aerosol.

I all in the season making Digital drawings. These are on occasion existence merged into prints, craft installations, T-shirts, and enlivened videos. Most of my current oeuvre has compounded every of or most of the traded processes. I the rubberiness of digital compounded with the somesthesis of workman on process.



















Please relate your customary day:
I’m in grammar entire one day at the University of Minnesota, so I go through that as a superiority at this point. I go through a masses of days in the printed matter studio. I’m employed on a indicate titled emblem @ the U, which choose star whatever framed redundant, an digit craft investiture pieces.






































Any things you would to do in the unborn that you port't finished already?
Continue to issue and undertaking T-shirts with the Minneapolis Based Anthem Heart. Get a flat wait that allows me to hold down a post unfettered raise, expose an thorough-going flat practice. Read solon, drown one's sorrows inferior, snack elevate surpass, clear smoking. Curate shows and be relevant owing shows. Finish group, perhaps fit to Grad School. Get my website up. Travel.

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁